I don’t have time to clean. I DO NOT LIKE cleaning. But I have learned to make time.
This past school year has been a roller coaster of schedule changes.
1. The first quarter I literally did not know how to clean because I was so overwhelmed by so much.
2. The second and third quarters, I decided that we would clean during the mornings and then I would teach my daughter during my son’s nap time. This worked okay for me. Except we couldn’t be consistent with keeping the house cleaned AFTER school. Which means, this method was not really working for anybody.
3. The fourth quarter (now), we have decided we are going to have a better bedtime and wake up schedule in this house.
We have been waking up and getting ready for the day, and reading our devotions during breakfast. Then school begins and is over before 11:30 a.m. Lunch is at 11:30 a.m. Any remaining school is finished. By 12:30 p.m. we are done and ready for cleaning. Nap time for the Mister is around 1:30-2. During his nap, Mommy and daughter time commences along with any other things we need to pick up. Snacks. Dinner. Baths. Bed.
If you know me, you know that cleaning is a constant struggle for me. That’s why I was delighted to find Shaklee’s GET CLEAN line in 2010. I was overcoming extreme fatigue at the time. How would I clean when I was so tired? When I finally got to cleaning, my lungs would react horribly to the fumes while cleaning my shower. I had to literally wear a face mask just to do the job. Since using the entire GET CLEAN line, I can even feel comfortable having my toddler help me with the laundry and dust my counters. I love the fact that stains from blood, to grape juice, to grass – all come out of our clothes with minimal effort. I love that I can get mildew off my shower without holding my breath with Basic-G and that Basic-H does everything else from cleaning my vegetables, to getting silly putty out of kids clothes, to cleaning my counters…. and I’ve had the SAME 16oz. bottle for 4 YEARS!!!! FOUR YEARS! That part seals the deal for me, not to mention it would take $3,400 to get the same clean from other products that make my lungs feel like they’re crumbling. Or the thought of how many bottles I would be wasting. Or, more importantly, my time being wasted just going down the cleaning aisle of the store to replace a bottle. When, at home, I just make a new bottle whenever I need it.
I was also amazed by how many kids are affected in our schools by these cleaners constantly around them. So many cleaners today are directly related to allergies, asthma, autism, ADHD, and more.
Shocking too, was the fact that stay-at-home-moms were the most likely to develop cancers due to the fact of toxic cleaner usage alone.
Please leave a comment and tell me how cleaners have affected you. I am so accustomed to green cleaning now, my nose will detect Windex from the other side of the room and make me cough. I am constantly changing how I clean my house, but am thankful I can always rely on Shaklee.