Previously, I discussed that our family’s only chance of overcoming sickness quickly on our vaction in Florida, was my natural medicine cabinet that I brought with us. Below are the products that I am thankful were packed in my travel bag for both adults and children. A little homeopathy also helped us recover and is listed below with an (*). I will be real folks, that this illness was so bad I even resorted to taking Mucinex along with below arsenal. Usually at home, I would have had my entire get better center. I was afraid we would miss our flight home if I didn’t do something available at drugstore too.
Vita-Lea with Iron: Instead of Centrum or Costco brands
This multi-vitamin is an activator of new cells (it is included in the Vitalizer 30 day supply pack, but you can buy it individually as well). It is whole, concentrated food grown organically. It is proven to increase bone density. Has no added preservatives, artificial colors, flavors or sweeteners. 100% of RDA of biotin. Makes protein more
efficient with 29 vitamins and minerals to activate body cells to rebuild and be strong and healthy.
Garlic: (Instead of Sudafed)
- I’m not talking about the garlic you find at your local grocery store. Not only is it powerful, but is so warming on your chest when swallowed because of the spearmint oil and rosemary extract it contains. I can’t live without this if I feel I’m getting sick in the least, and especially – as was the case for us – if a cough is coming on.
- Did you know that garlic is sometimes referred to as “Nature’s Wonder Drug?” It is a powerful antibiotic that fights off bacteria, parasites, fungi, and viruses. Studies have even shown it is more effective than penicillin in some cases. It offers aid as a decongestant and expectorant and as an anti-diarrheal.
Instead of Airborne, Cold Eeze
- Active Ingredients: Echinacea to take care of bacteria and Larch tree extract to attack viruses
- Use as a preventative when flying or in large gatherings of people during cold and flu season or anytime you come in contact with allergy activators
Sustained Release Vita-C:
Shaklee Sustained Release Vitamin C has a patented release system on it so that it releases C slowly over a period of 6 hours so that your body can absorb and utilize all of it. In other words, it is like eating 1 1/2 oranges every hour for 6 hours!!! That is some good immune boosting!!
You can get the Sustained Release Vitamin C individually (I have a bottle on hand at all times). I just learned that whenever sickness is coming on, taking 2 every 2 hours till it passes, will quickly heal. Or you can also get it in a foundational nutrition pack that is a 30 day supply of all the Vitamins and Minerals you need called Vitalizer. There is Vitalizer for men, women, and 50+.
Shakleekids Incredivites™ is the first kids’ chewable multivitamin in the U.S. to feature lactoferrin, a scientifically backed, immune-supporting nutrient present in breast milk and researched for its role in activating components of the immune system. (Stay tuned for more on this amazing nutrient and how studies are revealing more about the benefits of lactoferrin for adults too!)
Both my 1-year-old and my 7-year-old take these Chewable Vita-C. We love them!
- Important Note: Vitamin C cannot be made or stored by the body. It is a water soluble vitamin, which means you need to get it every day and in the right amount. A cheap vitamin brand will boast of large quantities of vitamin C per tablet, but the problem is that your body can only absorb so much C at a time (you can “train” it to absorb more and more at a time the longer you take it). This means that when you take these type of vitamins, you are getting a little of the C, but the rest is passing right through, unabsorbed. So basically you are paying for really expensive urine!
Adults and Children:
Defend and Resist: Instead of Airborne, Cold-Eeze
- Every person in my family took this from my 1-year old to my husband. Great for that first tickle. Elderberry and zinc are both present to knock the germs out.
- Active Ingredients: Echinacea to take care of bacteria and Larch tree extract to attack viruses.
- Use as a preventative when flying or in large gatherings of people during cold and flu season or anytime you come in contact with allergy activators.
Zinc: Instead of Cold-Eeze
- For most of my life in the winter, I had woken up every morning with a sore throat, as a result of congestion. However, I learned how to eliminate this and nearly the ability to avoid sickness by simply crushing up the zinc tablet and placing it in a spoonful of honey every night before I go to bed. The tablet is easily swallowed whole, however I have found that the crushed up version leaves a thin coating of protection on my throat so that I wake up without any sore throat or drainage problems at all.
- Zinc is involved in the production of every hormone in the body. This is another reason why I take zinc every night. It aids the body in fighting auto-immune disorders, such as my underactive thryoid disease, Hashimoto’s.
Vita-D3 – Instead of Costco or Walmart Vitamin D
- Study after study has shown that Vitamin D is not only necessary, but it only works at its optimum when presented as cholicalciferol, as Shaklee does. My own testimony with Vitamin D is that I took the Costco brand and was finding no improvement in my bloodwork to move to the normal range. Within 2 weeks on Shaklee Vita-D3, my numbers moved to normal.
- Further studies have shown that Vita-D3 also plays a role preventing the flu and may be as effective as receiving a flu vaccine.
- Children may also take this by simply smashing it into a powder and put in applesauce.
*Homeopathy also helped us recover. For a sore throat where the pain is felt in the ears, Boiron’s Roxalia Tablets help. For our 1-year-old, I had not packed anything at all and used Hyland’s Baby Cough Syrup. I was very pleased at how it worked.
What is the Shaklee difference?
Here’s a 2-minute video explaining how our products compare:
You can feel comfortable giving these products to your children. Because for over 50 years, generations of families have counted on us to do what no other company can do quite like Shaklee–made products that are naturally safe AND proven effective.
Now, is the BEST time ever to become a Shaklee member!
Any person who joins by February 28th, 2014 with an order of 50 PV or more not only gets their membership fee waived ($19.95 value) but also receives a free can of smoothee ($45 retail value!).
Simply go to my store below:
Offer valid through Feb. 28, 2014. An order with 50 PV (Point Value) must be placed at the time you join. Applies to join orders placed online and at the Shaklee Sales and Training Center in Los Angeles, CA. Join orders placed through the call center. This offer is not retroactive. Free product available while supplies last. Free product subject to change without notice.